Saturday 5 January 2013

From 8-bit to Orchestrated - Our Musical Spotlight: Super Mario


Video game music is something I've always found interesting, especially Zelda music. But today I decided I would pick one of the most iconic video game songs in history, the Super Mario Bros. Main theme. Back in the 80's there were a lot of good games, or so I think, I wasn't really around then, but anyway, the point is that what made the sound was an 8 bit chip, which means it couldn't sound as real as say... this but it was still preeetty darn good music, just listen to this:

The year is now 2013, and a lot of good versions of this song has been created during the last 27 years, including this one:
¨
I really do love it, and I hope I will be able to buy the game soon.
Anyway, that's it for me, and I'll see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment