Friday 25 January 2013

My expectations for the next "The Legend of Zelda" Game


As I said in my last post, some things about the new Zelda game has been said, such as that they want to "Rethink the conventions of Zelda" such as "Complete Dungeons in special order" and to "Always play by yourself" I will start discussing the first one.


[Not only] "Complete Dungeons in special order"

Well this one probably means less linear gameplay, and in games such as Ocarina of Time I don't even understand why you had to do the Dodongo's Cavern Dungeon before Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly, I mean you don't use the bombs or the bracelet in Jabu-Jabu, which would make it totally possible to do one before the other, it just isn't. This is definitely a change I would be totally pro, since it allows more choices, YOU can decide where YOU want to go, but I don't want it to become one of those games that you can basically do exactly what you want, with not much story at all. Every Zelda game (except the first one) has been pretty story driven, which is awesome, so I don't want the non-linearity to take away from the story, because the simple, yet not-so-simple, story of Zelda is part of what makes The Legend of Zelda so magical.

[Not only] "Play by yourself"

Does this mean another Four Swords like game? That's also something I would like! The Zelda franchise has really only seen 2 actual multiplayer Zelda games, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures, sadly, I have played neither. I own FS, both original and anniversary, but I have only played the single player mode on FS Anniversary Edition, and the reason for the original version is the same as for anyone else that couldn't. THIS reason. FSA is just plain hard to get a copy of. Or could they mean something like the Tingle tuner, where one player plays as Link, and the other one plays as someone else, possibly the sidekick. Imagine that you could take control over Navi, fly around, target monsters and being able to do stuff that would actually make Navi useful (although I have to admit that Z-targeting was pretty helpful). And of course control when she says her iconic lines. I will maybe (no promises) have a roundtable with some Zelda-fans and some non-Zelda-fans to discuss what we think would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment